Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dwarf Lord Rembrandt Rip-off

So if you scroll down to some of these older posts you will see artists employing a dazzling degree of process in their work, my God Tom even sculpted his piece first!

I thought I would explore a different method. This somewhat stoic Dwarf was done a few years back and is starting to look a bit worse for wear. Essentially I took a quick doodle and decided to see what I could come up with in a couple of hours with no real idea or preparation, other than an interest in what that very clever Dutch fella Rembrandt did a few years back...

Finished Painting
Click for animated step by step process.

4 comments:

  1. Was this your self portrait for the book? Artists always tend to paint themselves a little more dashing than the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!
    I can't believe how fast you can paint: I couldn't even see the brush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why it's called speed painting Frank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice crisp brush strokes ,cool light ,really nice

    ReplyDelete